The Jewish Public Affairs Committee of California (JPAC) is the largest single-state coalition of Jewish organizations in the nation. Comprised of local Jewish Federations, Jewish Community Relations Committees and Councils, Jewish Family Services agencies, and other Jewish community advocacy groups from throughout California we advocate on behalf of Jewish social service agencies, traditional community concerns, and broadly shared values that affect the citizens of our State. JPAC monitors and helps to develop and promote state legislative initiatives of interest to the Jewish community and the community at-large.
The student intern will spearhead outreach to Jewish student leaders on campuses across California to ensure visibility and awareness of JPAC’s work and programming, and will serve as the Social Media Manager for JPAC. The intern will report directly to the JPAC Program Manager and offer direct support to JPAC’s Executive Director as-needed.
• Conduct outreach with Hillel staff and Jewish student leaders on California college campuses to familiarize them with JPAC’s mission and recruit their networks for participation in our programming
• Recruit at least 15 Jewish student leaders from colleges and universities across California to attend JPAC Advocacy Day in 2023 as JPAC Student Fellows
• Act as the liaison between JPAC and its Student Fellows
• Create and disseminate marketing materials with Canva or similar software
• Create and maintain a Social Media Calendar for JPAC; Hold JPAC staff accountable for ensuring you have access to relevant and quality content to post roughly once a week
• Assist with event planning and logistics at programs and Board Meetings
• Provide research and administrative support on projects as assigned
• Attend all JPAC Board meetings (virtually) and JPAC Advocacy Day 2023 at the State Capitol (in person – costs will be covered)
Time and Compensation
The student intern should be able to commit to an average of 5 hours per week over the course of the school year. This is an unpaid internship. The term of the internship is September 1, 2022 – June 31, 2023. Hours are flexible and accommodating outside of mandatory attendance at Board Meetings and JPAC Advocacy Day 2023.